What's the weather like in Doug's neighborhood?

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A little quiet around here

I have been using most of my free time to build up a woodworking bench...





The Whole boring story

I have basically been imersed in that for the last 2 weeks whenever not at work or with the family. Fortunately that project is coming to an end.

Just in time, Faith has decided that she just must have a "big girl" bed. The hutch project needs to get rolling. Of course I still need to do the real top for the dining table. Erin has actually been very accommodating to the plywood top since the kids and Christmas projects have proven pretty hard on it. Then comes furniture for the living room. It needs a full compliment of tables and a book shelf. After that, the list just keeps on going.

Looks like that bench will be getting a lot of use over the next year or two.

The holidays treated us well. Plenty of toys under the tree. Big THANK YOU for everyone who thought of us over the holidays. We managed to get our gifts in the mail early enough to be at their destination on Christmas day. We continued our holiday tradition of simple cooking and more emphasis on play and family than running all over the place. We do miss having our family close by, but on the flip side it is nice to take a bit more time enjoying the kids and hanging out.

We did an overnight trip down to Atlanta for New Years. Did a nice visit with my sister's ex-husband and our niece. Fireworks and dogs running all over the place. It was good times. Only downer was the drive time. With kids and dogs the drive is 5-6 hours each way. It was nice to have a destination for the holiday and to escape my garage for a couple of days.

New Years resolutions???
Nah, failed miserable on last year's. Maybe I should just get a do-over. I'll kep you posted if I change my mind.

Hope everyone is doing well. Drop me a line if you get a chance.

No comments: