What's the weather like in Doug's neighborhood?

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Done with the weather



Yes, the forecast is gloomy again. It has been raining off and on, cloudy, and humid. Pretty hard to figure out if or when to squeeze in a ride. Best bet seems to be just throwing the bike in the truck for the day and hoping for a break in the clouds to sneak out for a ride. So far in May we are sitting on 8-15in of rain, depending on where in N.Alabama you happen to be riding. 17 of the previous 25 days have had rain and the next three are forecasting at about 80% probability.

That is a lot of water to deal with. The ground here is pretty well saturated. So even if the rain is light it still makes the trails too mucky to ride. I have been getting in some fire road rides over the last couple of weeks, but that is getting a little old. Man, I don't know how people in the North West handle it. I'd go crazy living in this rain year round. I like my trails dry and the sun shining.

Sorry, that's all I got today. Just had to vent on the weather. Our Memorial weekend was a bust due to weather, kid plans, and laziness...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. I'm sick of this weather, too. I want SUNSHINE. All this rain is putting me in a mood.