What's the weather like in Doug's neighborhood?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who wants to come out this way for a ride?

For my Birthday this year Erin collaborated with some family and stockpiled some cash to be able to send me on one of the Western Spirit guided bike tours. Click here for Locations and Details.

All in all it sounds like a good gig. Basically you show up with your bike, gear, and a camera. Let them take care of the rest. I am thinking Pisgah or Tsali later in the summer. If you are into a tour, but set on another location (Utah or Colorado) let me know. Pisgah and Tsali are cool because they are within driving distance for me. Of course anyone from the West would need to consider flights in order to get out this way. If you are set on another location let me see if I could work out something on my side.

Okay, what else is up? Not much. Work, eat, play on computer, play with kids, sleep, and try to find time to clean up kid schrapnel in the down time. That's about it. I am feeling better. I don't know that I would say 100%, but not bad. I actually managed a jog and short session at the gym yesterday. I am a bit sore today, but none the worse for the wear. I am going to have to do that stuff a bit more if I want to continue to lose weight.

I am sitting just under 225lb now, so that is going well. From my peak at just under 240lb it feels pretty good. I stalled out for a couple of weeks at 230-228lb, but with the addition of riding and some supplemental exercise I am again progressing. Hopefully by next month I can get down below 220lb and just work on keeping there.

No comments: