What's the weather like in Doug's neighborhood?

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Trail Conditions 3/6/07

I got out for a quick spin in HC yesterday. Trails look to be in great shape. The mud that was clogging tires on Friday has now dried into very good traction. Upper trails are dry, but not blown out. Lower trails are tacky. Bear Mountain fire road is still very slow, maybe it is just me that is slow. It feels like the brakes are dragging. I even stopped to check that they weren't about 1/2 way up the hill.

One positive (or negative depending on your view) is that the maintenance crew has placed gravel in most of the major mud bogs climbing up Bear Mtn. So instead of packing tires with mud in those spots you have to crunch though some rough gravel. I had feared that this would mean that the maintenance trucks had left tire tracks and ruts to the top, but to my relief there were very little signs that a vehicle other than bikes had been on the trail.

No comments: