What's the weather like in Doug's neighborhood?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hump day

Well, it is official. The corporate asshats at Redbull are smart cookies. I just paid $3.18 for a 12oz can of glorified soda. Either it costs a lot of cash to get this stuff all the way from the Netherlands or there are some big profits coming in on this shit. I gotta figure out something that people are already using, hop it up a little, throw it into a smaller than average container, and kick back to watch the money pile up. Hell yeah!

Did a ride in Henry Cowell on Monday. I tried to keep it legal and did for the most part. Got one thing to say about the legal trails in Cowell... What the fuck are they thinking. Hmmm let's see, your choices are asphalt or 6" deep sand. I don't know the last time that the ridge trail was rideable, but I would guess it has been over a decade. The Observation Deck is kind of cool, but doesn't really make up for the hike/sand fest to get to it. Oh well, live and learn.

Some more pictures of the ride

Looks like most of the boys missed registration for the Downieville DH. I haven't gotten official word yet, but some have been claiming that most of the categories were full in less than an hour. We might need to rethink this race as an annual event. Maybe it would be better to get down with a race that has enough bandwidth to handle whoever wants to race. It also would be good to sign onto a race where the town has more than enough accommodations to handle racers, friends, and family. Guess there will be more of the boys doing the XC this year. I am going to have to debate on if I can handle both races. Decision may not be in until July 12th.

My bikes?
Well, the 29er is sitting pretty. Not much in the way of change heading it's way. I think it will get a hand-me-down sealed headset from the Ventana. That should fix the clunk issue that I am having with the stock cheap headset.

The road bike has only seen 1-2 rides in the last month. I am going to have to start commuting again so that it can see some daylight.

The BMX is still in need of repair. It has been sitting since Christopher (my nephew) brought it back from a loan.

The Ventana is good and bad. I am still trying to get the fork to behave the way that I think it should. I have a +5mm lower stack headset on order. Maybe raising the front end up a bit will help some. I am going to have to spend some time really getting to know this fork. It has been 3 months and the tinkering that I have done so far hasn't given me what I am looking for. It is a good fork, but for those of us over 220lb it has some not too subtle drawbacks. I swapped out the rear caliper to a saint to see if it was the XT caliper itself causing the rear brake noise. Howl has returned to the bike. I need to get some more runs to bed in the new pads, but I am really thinking that the only solution will be to run resin pads.

I got this one from a friend. Kind of fun.


This is wierd, but interesting!






fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too






Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.





i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fun fact: red bull is originally from thailand for tuk tuk drivers and costs just a few cents. then some foreig devil buys the rights for distribution for the rest of the world and makes a fortune. brilliant